Quickclamp Weld Heads are capable of reproducing all the precise motions of a skilled manual GTAW welder. Both models are specifically designed for multipass pipe welding applications, and consistently produce welds meeting the most stringent code quality standards. Used with a Pipemaster Power Source, these Weld Heads improve productivity by increasing duty cycle, reducing repair rates, and producing welds of consistent quality.
The Weld Head is simply slipped over the pipe and clamped with a toggle lever. Its continuously adjustable clamp eliminates the need to change components. The wide V-block clamp self centers, and ensures that the Weld Head is squarely mounted, relative to the joint. The Weld Head mounts entirely on one side of the joint, allowing use for pipe-to-fitting welds.
The Quickclamp Arc Gap Control electronically maintains a desired arc length as the torch rotates around the pipe. The entire actuator can be pivoted to allow socket welding, while maintaining the arc length correction motion along the tungsten electrode axis. In addition, the heat-tolerant chain drive allows use on CRMo and other alloys that require preheating.
Weld Head Type
Open arc. Torch rotates around pipe. Weld Head body remains stationary.
Pipe Size Range
60.3mm - 168.3mm (2.375" - 6.625")
- Torch rotation
- Filler wire feed
- Electronic torch oscillation (weave)
- Electronic arc voltage (AVC) control
- Multipass welding of tubes and pipes in all gravity positions
- Uses economical standard 1 kg (2 lb.) wire spools
- Full function capability: torch rotation, filler wire feed, electronic arc gap control electronic oscillation
- Push button clutch for rapid cable unwind
- Water-cooled 300 amp torch uses standard components
- Heat tolerant steel bearings and chain drive
- Socket Welding Kit and Tilt AVC for angled torch applications
- Fossil Power Plant Construction & Maintenance
- Steam Generation Equipment Fabrication
- Nuclear Power Plant Construction & Maintenance
- Shipyard Construction
- Chemical/Petrochemical Facility Construction & Maintenance
- Process Piping
- Fabrication Shops
VIEW Pipemaster 515
The Pipemaster Model 515 provides the benefits of digital technology to the orbital welding customer; unparalled accuracy, repeatability, and reliability. The digital technology permanently eliminates the need of periodic weld head calibration.Motor speeds and response characteristics remain accurate and stable regardless at all time, regardless of wear.Programming is simple and intuitive by manual entry or AutoProgram which self-generates…